Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2007, 02:54 AM   #1
Liam

Question Detailed Tutorial?

Hey guys and girls.

I am new to AC3D, and I have read the manual 3 times and viewed all the tutorial videos and I still cant seem to figure how to use AC3D (to some decent extent). So far I have modeled a REAL bad Nuclear Power Plant, based of of what I have learned so far, but it isnt rich in detail and I want to improve it badly!

Does anybody have or know of a big book or manual etc., rich with good tutorials on every function in AC3D??? Something that will pin down the basic forgood, something to get me started Animated etc.

Thanks.

Liam
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 01:21 PM   #2
Wiggles
Expert member

Default Re: Detailed Tutorial?

This guy has a tutorial for airplanes, i'll pm you his email address, so you can ask him about it.

If you ask for his drawings though, they're not to scale, which makes it difficult for beginners.

So I would recommend somehow finding your own source for a plane. If you find a good one let me know
Wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
This guy has a tutorial for airplanes, i'll pm you his email address, so you can ask him about it.

If you ask for his drawings though, they're not to scale, which makes it difficult for beginners.

So I would recommend somehow finding your own source for a plane. If you find a good one let me know

Thanks alot for the PM. I sent him a message about the Plane Tutorial. If I find a to-scale drawing I will inform you.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 06:38 PM   #4
Gooberz

After reading the Manual, the easiest thing (In my opinion) is to simply futz around with it. 3ds Max tutorials usually have nearly identical steps (So long as you have a slight grasp of what you're doing), too.

Remember, you don't get good overnight. I've been using it a year and still haven't been able to make a decent Human model... Patience.
Gooberz is offline   Reply With Quote