Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th February 2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Willy
Expert member

Default Soft Selection

I just bought a program to help modify clothing to fit different people meshes in Poser. It only works with Poser's native .cr2 file system so I can't really use it for general modeling but it has a feature that I think is pretty useful.

The program calls the feature, "Soft-Selection" but I've seen similar features in other programs go by other names.

Here's a pic of the function in action:

Basically, you can select a vertex (in vertex mode) or a poly (in poly mode) and the surrounding vertex or polys are also selected. In the pic the chosen poly is the brightest red and the other polys get darker red the father they are away. How many surrounding polys are chosen is decided by adjusting a "Falloff" dial and how much those polys are affected by modeling operations is chosen by a "Adjust" dial.

Once you have the poly(s) selected in Soft-Selection mode you can Move, Scale, Rotate and etc. The operation has full effect on the original poly and decreasing effect on the other polys depending on the Adjust value.

With its built in symmetry mode it is very easy to tweak organic shapes . I like it a lot.

I wonder how hard something like this would be to code into AC3D.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote