Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th June 2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Michael Wilson
Expert member

Default cant get the 3d cockpit to show up

im building a 3d cockpit for the short solent and in xplane instead of showing up normally it insists on giving me a mandatory view straight up at the sky.

im using the ac3d version and xplane plug in that i downloaded 3 days ago.

im using 9.xx, 9.20 or 9.23 it was.

since my trident 3d pit is working i renamed the solent pit the name of the trident object file, then put the panel and cockpit INN textures named as named for the trident to see if it would show up correctly in the trident, and it does the same thing: manditory view up at the sky.

but as i recall at the beginning of 9xx i found that i was not able to have the ms-703 petrel panel show up in the 3d cockpit without it doing the same thing, mandatory looking up at the sky. so i had to settle for the petrel without the panel showing up in the 3d cockpit.

so i wonder it has something to do with having the panel png in the cockpit folder functional. yet the trident 3d pit works fine despite that it uses the panel png in the cockpit folder.

does it have anything to do with whether the cockpit is saved as a smooth or hard edges? which should it be, i seem to remember we were supposed to do smooth or hard.

Last edited by Michael Wilson; 25th June 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Michael Wilson
Expert member

Default Re: cant get the 3d cockpit to show up

sergio explained to me about needing to have the texture of the instruments on separate quarters if using a 2048x2048 panel. it looks like that may be the answer, im still studying this.

regarding the petrel it now works and i have no idea why in early 9xx every time i tried to get the instruments on the 3d cockpit it gave the forced look up at the sky view. thats why my freeware petrel was released without a panel viewable in the 3d cockpit.

but i just tried to get the panel to show up now and it works now, i dont know why, maybe the newer plug in fixed it.
Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote