Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th March 2021, 06:21 PM   #1
Flightboy

Default Some parts disappear under export to obj file.

Hi all people here. I'm new to the group.

When I worked with the panel and do it better than what was before when I reopened the plane's cockpit. While saving the cockpit to obj file, I discovered some doors and trottle levers have disappeared from cockpit after I had saved. Before I reopened the plane, I took a copy of the entire plane and stored the original in a safe place and have no fear that I lost forever.

Did I do something wrong during storage or while working with the cockpit?
Flightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:14 AM   #2
humbug

Default Re: Some parts disappear under export to obj file.

Parts disappear from an object when they are hidden in AC3D. Open the Tools/Hierarchy View (F8) and make sure that none of your objects are hidden before exporting to the X-P obj file.

Pardon if you know this, but this was critical for me: If you have not done so, take the time to read the X-Plane AC3D plug-in readme file a couple of times. When I started using AC3D I used to import an .obj file, work on it in AC3D, then export to .obj, import this modified .obj file again into AC3D for mods, and export again. I did this over and over and it caused many errors to crop up. The readme says to import the object only once, then save all your mods in the native .ac format and export from these .ac files. In other words, don't keep importing and exporting the same .obj file. I've not had any serious problems crop up doing this any more.

(Check out my Zenair CH750 Super Duty panel and custom instruments and Howard DGA-15P which were all done in AC3D.)
humbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2021, 07:03 AM   #3
Flightboy

Default Re: Some parts disappear under export to obj file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug View Post
The readme says to import the object only once, then save all your mods in the native .ac format and export from these .ac files. In other words, don't keep importing and exporting the same .obj file. I've not had any serious problems crop up doing this any more.
I'm totally new to this design program. Did not know that it was not possible to save the same file .OBJ every time. Yes, now I see it is best to save first in the .AC file for further processing with the cockpit without loose parts around in the cockpit.

There are some difference from the former Abacuspup FS designstudio who was easier to use as I had used about 15-20 year since before I married and got childrens. Now I'm take up my old hobby Flightsimulator since the children have grown up.

Regards Jens Eirik
Flightboy is offline   Reply With Quote