Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th August 2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Andcon

Question Fuselage design for X-Plane

Hello everyone.
I would open this post to talk about the design of fuselages in X-Plane, so gather the information, if you agree.

Starting with my problem, I plan to design the 3D fuselage of the A320. I learned the basics from some tutorials found on the web. But I am left with three questions:
1) On AC3D is possible, drawing a section of fuselage, set the size (but I don't understand if it's the radius or diameter?), but I don't understand what is the unit that is set; this is very important not to go to attempts; for example, is it feet, meters, or what? Can I set the unit I prefer?
2) Once the object fuselage has designed and exported in the format for Plane Maker, can I resize it? Or I always have to come back to AC3D to resize?
3) Can you tell me where I can find the technical data, especially scale drawings (front, side, plant) or measurements to design a fuselage?

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Andrea
Andcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Andcon

Default Re: Fuselage design for X-Plane

Well, now I've learned that the unit in AC3D in Plane Maker is 1 meter, so question one has closed.
I also have tried to import the fuselage made by Plane Maker, so (I think) first I can design the real model by PM, that is used by flight model, and after I convert it on obj format, so I can get a better 3D design.

Bye
Andrea
Andcon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, fuselage, section, size