Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd December 2014, 07:09 PM   #1
CarCrazedHyena

Unhappy Issues with Linux demo build

Hello all long term forum goers,
I have an issue trying to get the linux build of AC3D 7.3.4 to run, everytime I try to run the app as described, it tells me no such file or folder even under a sudoed terminal sudoing the app. I have this error with one another app. Can anyone tell me what is going on? I have a AMD kabini powered laptop running dual boot (factory win8.1 and xubuntu14.04LTS running the factory kernel not the 3.37 update but the original 3.32 kernel (I dont often trust kernel updates my past experience is a bricked OS). Also if I ever do get it to run for the 14 day trial with or without your help (whatever the case may have to be) (preferably with), there is one large issue I want to address (well okay kinda two) firstly there is the smaller issue of exporting meshes to obj or LWO, then secondly I have a bunch of nice high end (poly count detail wise) meshes I got for free from a free model site, but they arre inj *.Z3D format (Zmodeller, right?). Later I found out that is what NFSMW uses(wise choice imo)
but no linux support for zmodeler, so how do I convert the meshes to use in torcs and speed dreams which currently use the ac3d format also I will need to get ahold of somehow a linux *.acc builder for reflections on the car which is apparently needed by speed dreams but optional on torcs which share the same rendering engine.
Please someone help! I really want to get these z3d meshes into torcs and speed dreams and have the future option of further translating all existing ac3d meshes plus these meshes into yet another format i ultimately plan on using for an ioquake3 based port of both games.
CarCrazedHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 05:47 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Issues with Linux demo build

can you give some specific error messages from when you are trying to start it.

Try starting it from the terminal with "./ac3d". You may need to use "./ac3ds", if your graphics drivers are not correctly configured.

for the .z3d files, you'll need to get someone with Zmodeler to convert them to another format that AC3D can process.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ioquake3, object mesh convert, ubuntu, zmodeller