Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th October 2003, 04:54 PM   #1
foxa
Professional user

Default Another rendering question

ops: OK I give up - I have played with it for 2 days and I feel funny asking the POV Ray guys cause I haven't payed any money (yet), how do you get POV Ray to render with a white backround. I'm sure it's a loose nut between the chair and the keyboard :wink: .

Thanks for the help

Art
foxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2003, 05:26 PM   #2
-WOODY-
Professional user

Default Re: Another rendering question

I could be wrong, but I believe that Pov-Ray will render whatever background color that you have selected as your default 3d view background color in AC3D. I'll have to double check to make sure. I do know that you can set the background color for Pov after you render, but I forgot the command that you have to add in. I think it's something like "background { rgb <1,1,1> }" without quotes. You just enter that in at the bottom of your Pov file then re-render.

Edit: Just checked, and no, editing the background color in AC3D has no effect on the backgound rendering color.
After you render your scene just enter this command background { rgb <1,1,1> } then re-run Pov. It will prompt you to save, just click yes then re-render.
-WOODY- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2003, 03:39 PM   #3
foxa
Professional user

Wow :shock: Thanks Woody, that worked great. Now is there a way to pass that from AC3D to POV Ray? I tried adding it to the parameters in the render dialog and it choked. This will work for now thanks again.

Art
Old 17th October 2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

If you are using the pov header settings to specify an include file, you could put the rgb command in the file (see Woody's tutorial).

The ability to output the 3d window background color in the povray file could be added as an option in the next release if you think it's useful.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2003, 07:49 PM   #5
foxa
Professional user

Thanks Andy - I'll try that. That would be a useful addition for me, I'm doing technical illustrayions for training courses and manuals so I need a white backround. I assume a lot of the work with AC3D is "scene" or "model" work in which a backround is less important. I think most of my problems are because I want to use the program not read about it. AC3D is a great program and the first 3d program I have been able to stick with long enought to produce models, Thanks.

Art