Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Plugins and Other Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd June 2006, 01:31 AM   #1
Dennis
Professional user

Default Greeble suggestions

I'm working on some updates for the next Greeble version. One thing I'm doing is giving an option for dividing the beveling on quads. Here's a sample:

The left cube is the standard Greeble as it exists in version 1.0.2. The right cube has has the bevels "divided", where 75% of the bevels will be split into 2, 3, or 4 different surfaces before adding greebles. You can configure this frequency from 0% (the "old" way with no divisions) up to 100%.

Windows users can get this from the "Download Unstable version with new utilites" link here:

http://supercoldmilk.com/ac3dplug/greeble.html

While I'm working on this and other minor tweaks, is there anything else folks would like to see in the next version? Here's my list of changes so far based on suggestions from Eldon and Andy:

* Allow the option of putting each greeble into its own object and grouping them. Will be nightmarish for large greeble sets, as your modeler will slow down significantly with so many unique objects, but would be nice for smaller sets where different greebles would get different textures. Plus they'd be easier to manipulate.

* Introduce a button that will add/remove a "custom greeble" tag to the selected objects, so you don't have to go mucking with the Data elements of objects to define custom greebles.

Just post any suggestions here --- keeping in mind that I do this in my spare time .

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote