Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd April 2005, 12:52 AM   #1
slashdot
Advanced member

Default Want to set vertex's at certain points by typing it in...

Sry if the answer to this question is floating around somewhere that I have over looked. (it probably is) But I want to know if instead of using the mouse to make the vertex's be at certain points, but instead just type in the location of where it should be at. Also, is there a way to deselect vertex's... example, I'm trying to make a couch, so I selected some of the middle vertex's, but the back one's are all selected (you need a part to lay back on) so how do I deselect thoughs.. actualy, how do I just check the ones I want and not the ones behind it or in the way... Thanx in advance.
slashdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2005, 01:38 AM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

You can move a vertex numerically by entering the XYZ coordinates in the "Move to" entries in the Control Panel (on the left, just below the shape/geometry buttons). You can also use the ">" button to capture the current selection's position.

You can deselect vertices using Shift+Right click.

The only way to not select the ones "behind" the vertices you want is to maybe select in the 3D window or fron a different viewpoint. There is an option not to select backfacing surfaces, but this only applies to surfaces, not vertices.

hth
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote