Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Michael Wilson
Expert member

Default Re: X-Plane plugins etc

"X-Plane plugins etc
http://www.xsquawkbox.net/tools/ac3d/"

i went there, and it sent me to the other page, where there is a link called this:
AC3D 6.1 X-Plane Plugin

but theres no files called plug ins in that zip file. just two files called xplane support.
Old 9th October 2010, 03:44 AM   #12
captainpeter
Professional user

Here's the most recent plugin:
http://www.xsquawkbox.net/scenery/beta.php

cheers
Peter
Old 9th October 2010, 05:10 AM   #13
Michael Wilson
Expert member

none of these zip files have a file called "obj export" or "object import"...so i guess we dont need that anymore? we used to have to put a file called "obj export" and "obj import" in the plug in folder.

Last edited by Michael Wilson; 9th October 2010 at 05:13 AM.
Old 9th October 2010, 06:33 AM   #14
captainpeter
Professional user

Not that I'm aware of. The .obj export/import issue you mention was resolved long ago. (ac3d was expecting a WAVEFRONT obj file based on the obj extension when it actually was a X-PLANE obj format file).

The only 2 items that go into your plugins folder are 'XPlaneSupport.tcl' & 'XPlaneSupport(Mac/PC/LINUX).p'.

Oh, and don't forget to copy the current DataRefs.txt and Commands.txt from your X-Plane plugins folder to your ac3d plugins folder (preferably after every x-plane update) in order to have the Datarefs available in AC3D.

cheers
peter
Old 10th May 2013, 02:52 AM   #15
StazzOn

Greetings.
I have a problem with the import of aircraft x-plane 10 in AC3D. Let's say I want to change the model of the aircraft. When I import the obj file (for example, 747-400), all animated surface, such as Hstab and Vstab, are rotated relative to the fixed parts of the aircraft. If the menu Animation Time note checkbox Show Animation, these surfaces are properly placed, but to export, such as 3DS, Wavefront OBJ, DAE or other format they are in their wrong places again. These pieces very much, and manually align them unrealistic. I tried A3D versions 6.5.28 and 7.0.11, as well as the X-Plane plugins 320R1 321r2 versions, but the problem remains .. Is there a solution? Thank you ...
Old 15th May 2013, 06:21 PM   #16
captainpeter
Professional user

If you want to export the model with animation, no.
AC3D doesn't support animated objects. It is the X-Plane plugin that does and only when reading /writing x-plane objects.
It is however possible to export a static model with keyframes in a position that makes sense. You would need to turn on 'show animation' and then delete all rotation & translation objects. Actual geometry should then remain in their last position.

peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StazzOn View Post
Greetings.
I have a problem with the import of aircraft x-plane 10 in AC3D. Let's say I want to change the model of the aircraft. When I import the obj file (for example, 747-400), all animated surface, such as Hstab and Vstab, are rotated relative to the fixed parts of the aircraft. If the menu Animation Time note checkbox Show Animation, these surfaces are properly placed, but to export, such as 3DS, Wavefront OBJ, DAE or other format they are in their wrong places again. These pieces very much, and manually align them unrealistic. I tried A3D versions 6.5.28 and 7.0.11, as well as the X-Plane plugins 320R1 321r2 versions, but the problem remains .. Is there a solution? Thank you ...

The X-Plane Freeware Project
Old 16th May 2013, 03:47 AM   #17
StazzOn

Yes, I tried it, but to remove the axis of the object, you need to ungroup it ... And then animated parts rotate relative to non-animated ... And in the same wrong as they are exported ...
Old 16th May 2013, 10:55 AM   #18
captainpeter
Professional user

I did it without ungrouping before I wrote the reply yesterday.
I removed just the 'rotate' and 'translate' parts without breaking the object hierarchy.
(in 'object' selection mode, of course....)
I managed to freeze the flaps of the wing in their proper stowed position that way.

peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StazzOn View Post
Yes, I tried it, but to remove the axis of the object, you need to ungroup it ... And then animated parts rotate relative to non-animated ... And in the same wrong as they are exported ...

Old 16th May 2013, 02:35 PM   #19
StazzOn

Excuse me, but have you tried to export after that? I exported in Wavefront OBJ, and after the opening of the file everything was still again (((
Old 17th May 2013, 12:14 PM   #20
captainpeter
Professional user

Yes I tried saving and now also exporting.
Of course the geometry will no longer be animated. But it will be in its correct location and not rotated by 90°.

As I said in my first post. You can not export animation except to x-plane.
You can however fix the weird position of animated parts and export as a static model.

peter

Closed Thread