Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D News and Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd July 2012, 11:37 AM   #11
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D 7 out now!

I'm sure your wife thinks you are clever really

Simply select a group of surfaces and see what happens when you press the LSCM button. It essentially unfolds the surfaces, a bit like when you might make a card model to fold. It's a complicated bit of code behind the simple button but it makes mapping curved areas much easier.

If you look up LSCM mapping, you'll find a lot of Blender stuff. We got permission to use the same algorithm from Bruno Levy (no code was looked at or taken from Blender) see the paper http://alice.loria.fr/publications/p.../lscm/lscm.pdf if you really want to know more but you might be better just experimenting to see what it does.

There's more that goes on underneath for a new release. Bug fixes, security, library updates and constantly changing operation system compatibilty issues etc.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 06:02 AM   #12
coldby
Professional user

Thanks Andy, as soon as the works leaves me a couple of inches of free chain I'll try that.
Digging deeper in the theory will have to wait a while though
coldby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 06:04 PM   #13
Tonka
Advanced member

I've emailed Andy a couple of times asking this, with no response yet. I assume my emails are ending up in your spam folder Andy.

I can't find a change log for v7, so i am unsure about what has been fixed or changed. Does anyone have a link to one?

There is a bug in v6.8 that affects the extrude by normal function, the 'cap ends' box has to be ticked for this function to work properly, previous versions have not needed the 'cap ends' box to be ticked. Has this been fixed?

Thanks.
Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 11:23 AM   #14
RichKuzmack

Andy,

I finally got a few extra coins to upgrade to Version 7, and as I have done before, I added a second computer to my order. That's mostly to put it on a laptop I can take to meetings (of CNC machinists, for example) to show a project to others. But I note that there is nothing other than the price I paid to indicate that a second license exists on what I get back from you. I know I have that second license and use it, but shouldn't there be at least some acknowledgment of it on the email you send me?

Rich
RichKuzmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Hi Rich,

The extra machine coverage is encoded into your license key but yes, you are right that the email message contains the key doesn't mention the extra coverage. I'll get this looked into - thanks.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2013, 08:29 PM   #16
Edymnion
Professional user

Wow, time sure does fly.
Happy to pay for my upgrade. Not like anybody else gives you free upgrades for as long as Andy does.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 04:51 PM   #17
PirateJohn

How do I go about finding my old key if I lost it? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 11:25 AM   #18
Stiglr
Professional user

Contact Andy.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 06:40 PM   #19
PirateJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm sure your wife thinks you are clever really

Simply select a group of surfaces and see what happens when you press the LSCM button. It essentially unfolds the surfaces, a bit like when you might make a card model to fold. It's a complicated bit of code behind the simple button but it makes mapping curved areas much easier.

If you look up LSCM mapping, you'll find a lot of Blender stuff. We got permission to use the same algorithm from Bruno Levy (no code was looked at or taken from Blender) see the paper http://alice.loria.fr/publications/p.../lscm/lscm.pdf if you really want to know more but you might be better just experimenting to see what it does.

There's more that goes on underneath for a new release. Bug fixes, security, library updates and constantly changing operation system compatibilty issues etc.
I can't seem to find this button... I'm dying to try this new feature as UV mapping has been the bane of my existence...
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 02:08 PM   #20
DRAKELOT
Professional user

Cool let me go get it ... Thanks Andy
DRAKELOT is offline   Reply With Quote