Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2013, 03:24 AM   #21
StazzOn

Default Re: X-Plane plugins etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpeter View Post
Yes I tried saving and now also exporting.
Of course the geometry will no longer be animated. But it will be in its correct location and not rotated by 90°.

As I said in my first post. You can not export animation except to x-plane.
You can however fix the weird position of animated parts and export as a static model.

peter
I can not understand, it does not work for me (What I do: import a model X-Plane 10 in AC3D, then choose "Show animation" and then using the object-choice, select, and delete unnecessary to me the axis of rotation .. In AC3D model looks great but when i exported to a third party (NOT X_PLANE format), all of which should be animated in the X-Plane, deployed again. I do not need to export the animation, I realized that it was not possible, I need to export with the correct position of all aircraft parts.
Old 26th May 2013, 09:20 PM   #22
captainpeter
Professional user

Oh - now I see what you mean...!
There's a parent-animation which messes up the model. It comes from the way the original model was created and exported.

The only way I could find to get the model into another format properly took me a while to discover. You'll need Windows (can be a virtual machine like VMware/Parallels/whatever which is what I was using) and the free ModelconverterX (actually a MSFS tool). If you're interested I can provide more details.

I was able to convert the wing to 3ds format and bring the file back to AC3D.

peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StazzOn View Post
I can not understand, it does not work for me (What I do: import a model X-Plane 10 in AC3D, then choose "Show animation" and then using the object-choice, select, and delete unnecessary to me the axis of rotation .. In AC3D model looks great but when i exported to a third party (NOT X_PLANE format), all of which should be animated in the X-Plane, deployed again. I do not need to export the animation, I realized that it was not possible, I need to export with the correct position of all aircraft parts.
Attached Images

The X-Plane Freeware Project
Old 27th May 2013, 01:50 AM   #23
StazzOn

Yes, I have a ModelConverterX. .. Please describe what you do?
Old 27th May 2013, 04:24 AM   #24
captainpeter
Professional user

I was using the latest development release of 'ModelConverterX' available at their site. It can import the x-plane .obj file format and will - amazingly - read only the actual animation frames and not the initial position of the 3d parts.

So it actually reads the animation as well. Then simply save as 3ds or wavefront obj. It will export a static model with all geometry positioned at the first keyframe.

(beware of .3ds texture filename restrictions :evil: - if you want to keep UV mapping/textures)

peter

Quote:
Yes, I have a ModelConverterX. .. Please describe what you do?

Old 28th May 2013, 12:40 AM   #25
StazzOn

Your ModelConverterX import models from X-plane 10? I have ModelConverterX 1.3, and I also found latest_development_releases_package, it has ModelConverterX 1.4, but they are released before X-Plane 10... If your ModelConverterX opens OBJ X-Plane 10, could you please post the link, where you downloaded it?
Old 28th May 2013, 12:48 AM   #26
captainpeter
Professional user

Yes - here: http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/
Get the latest development release.
You the click 'Import' and choose x-plane .obj as filetype.

peter

Quote:
Your ModelConverterX import models from X-plane 10? I have ModelConverterX 1.3, and I also found latest_development_releases_package, it has ModelConverterX 1.4, but they are released before X-Plane 10... If your ModelConverterX opens OBJ X-Plane 10, could you please post the link, where you downloaded it?

Old 28th May 2013, 12:57 AM   #27
captainpeter
Professional user

One other note: If you run into issues opening a obj file in modelconverterx it may help to open it first in ac3d and - without changing anything - exporting it into a x-plane obj again.
The resulting file should always work in modelconverter x.

just tried again with the 747 wing...

peter

Old 28th May 2013, 02:20 AM   #28
StazzOn

Again, nonsense, I do not know what the reason (((I imported Wings.obj in AC3D, and then exported to the X-Plane 8 object file. Then I tried to import this file into ModelConverterX, but that wrote to me two lines: "Unsupported element atr_light_level " and " Unsupported element atr_shiny_rat ", and in the lower left corner of the red triangle and the words" ATT COR CUR COR " then stop and offers to send an error report or continue ... I click continue, nothing happens ... If i save the file as the X-Plane 7 object file, then the import into the ModelConverterX, he writes that "This version of X-Plane obj is not supported."
Maybe the version of the plugin, which I have (3.21r2) is not the newest, and I should have looked for a new one?
Old 10th June 2013, 10:11 AM   #29
Mid7night

FYI, the links in this thread are old and dead. Here is a live link to the latest plugin:

http://developer.x-plane.com/tools/ac3d-plugin/
Old 11th June 2013, 05:05 PM   #30
StazzOn

I downloaded from this link, and wrote above that im used different versions, including 3.21r2 that newest at this time ...
Closed Thread