Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30th October 2006, 05:28 PM   #1
CGMike

Default double/triple faces?

Hello..

Posting here with a question about something I notice happening rather often in AC3D and I can't figure out the cause.

Say I am creating a model - in this case, it would be a segment of a corridor - assume it's for a dungeon. I've deleted all the faces at both ends - say along +/- X for the sake of example.

I want to create an extension to the area to work some more detail into, and so I select all the veritices on one side of the model where I've deleted the faces and then press Ctrl+E to extrude edges. It works fine. However... I find that at a later time, certain functions are acting funny and things don't work quite as I'd expect.

I come to find out that where I extruded the edges there are actually 2, and on a couple occasions 3 faces occupying the same space. I only extruded once, so why is it creating duplicate faces in this manner?

It doesn't happen all the time and is very hit-or-miss. I can see nothing different in what I'm doing one time over another so I couldn't even tell you what I might be doing differently.

Is this just a common glitch with AC3D?

And, on a related note, sometimes if I select two vertices at opposite ends of an edge (ie. basically binding the edge between them) and press CTRL+E, again, to extrude out a new surface from it, it tells me that it cannot perform that function because there is no valid edge - something to that effect. Now, there *is* a polygon in place which the edge I should be extruding is part of. How can there be a polygon there, but no edge?

Again, it's a rather strange behavior.

Any help on either of these?

CGMike is offline   Reply With Quote