Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th November 2017, 05:32 PM   #1
Michael Wilson
Expert member

Default how to fix mirrored wing?

mirroring object for making right side wing by mirroring the left side wing messes up flap animation and i cant figure out how to fix it. i am used to having to reverse the ailerons and roll spoiler animation after mirroring one wing to make the opposite side wing, that makes total sense to me, but for some reason this flap animation goes totally bad, how do i fix this? here is the left wing that i want to mirror to make the right wing. when i mirror it the flap animation goes bad and i have no idea how to fix it. i try reversing some numbers in the xpane object properties box but i cant figure out what to do. i have found that the actual positions of the rotation axis and translation axis mirror perfectly but for some reason the movement goes bad.

i am using 8.0.21.

also i am aware that when mirroring a wing the animation of the original wing used to mirror from goes bad but that is easy to fix because i just delete the original wing and reload the original wing.

here is my left wing to mirror:
Attached Files
File Type: zip left outer wing 50.zip (48.4 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Michael Wilson; 13th November 2017 at 05:48 PM.
Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2017, 05:50 PM   #2
Michael Wilson
Expert member

Default Re: how to fix mirrored wing?

no response so i had to do it manually, the translation vertices had to be reversed both front to back and top to bottom. changing the numbers didnt work.
Michael Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote