Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th December 2012, 12:37 PM   #1
Glen
Expert member

Default Creating Hi-Tech Armour

Hello everyone,

I've been thinking up plans for a full suit of hi-tech, futuristic armour for Poser/DAZ3D's Michael 4 figure, with a view to one day have all the pieces 3D printed and wearable as a cosplay outfit. I have a lot of ideas for the design and I know pretty well what I want it to look like, but I'm useless at drawing (I used to be really good at drawing, so I've no idea what happened!), so none of it exists at all, in any way, outside of my own head.

I'm wondering what the best way of doing this in AC is. I could load the M4 figure up into AC as an OBJ and use him as a guide for scales and positions, but I really need to know how to create armour pieces as whole pieces, as opposed to surfaces that are positioned next to each other. I need to be able to move bits, isolate them and so on, so a shin piece that would be one single object in real life must be a single object in the 3D program too, but I've never been able to do this.

Is there a tutorial on creating armour, or figures, maybe? Would anyone be interested in partnering me through the process of creating this, please? I have never done anything this original and challenging before, so I could really use a lot of help.

Many thanks,

Glen.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote