Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th November 2007, 05:21 PM   #1
DocStirling

Default (Problem with orientation after importing file) - an issue of perspective!

Hi

Noob problem!

I have made a model in metasequioa, but the texturing process is not that good, so I want to do this in ac3d.

I've tried importing by: meta export as .x file, converting to 3ds by Deep Exploration then importing into ac3d, and also by opening the mqo file in Blender and exporting as an ac3d file. I all cases, the model seems to be the wrong way around. I cannot get it mirroed or turned back correctly. Help!

Screen shots not attached, as I could not get the upload process to work

Thanks

DS

Last edited by DocStirling; 11th November 2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: problem resolved -sort of
DocStirling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2007, 03:50 AM   #2
Ina

Default Re: Problem with orientation after importing file

(yes i agree, this forum needs to allow attachments that are more than 43kb)
Ina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2007, 08:12 AM   #3
DocStirling

Default Re: (Problem with orientation after importing file) - an issue of perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocStirling View Post
Hi

Noob problem!

I have made a model in metasequioa, but the texturing process is not that good, so I want to do this in ac3d.

I've tried importing by: meta export as .x file, converting to 3ds by Deep Exploration then importing into ac3d, and also by opening the mqo file in Blender and exporting as an ac3d file. I all cases, the model seems to be the wrong way around. I cannot get it mirroed or turned back correctly. Help!

Screen shots not attached, as I could not get the upload process to work

Thanks

DS
Having opened an example - the glider - now I see my confusion. I thought the left view pane was the left side of the object, it is not, it is the view from the left, (as you look at the object from above) - you actually see the right hand side of the object. With this in mind, the model is correctly orientated.

Sorry for you time!

Daniel
DocStirling is offline   Reply With Quote