Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2012, 05:07 AM   #1
Dennis-W
Advanced member

Default Cryengine 3 exporter

the cryengine 3 free SDK seems to be the hot stuff atm, ac3d having an exporter could bring in more people, since blender is free, but "too hard" to learn. and 3dsmax is way too expensive.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Dennis-W; 8th August 2012 at 05:17 AM.
Dennis-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Dennis-W
Advanced member

Default Re: Cryengine 3 exporter

No thoughts?
Old 19th September 2012, 01:42 PM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Most game engines usually have a converter of some kind so you can use AC3D, export some format, say Collade .dae, and then convert it for the engine.

A quick Google for this engine found https://github.com/returnString/CryEngine.RC

I have no experience of this but it looks like you can convert Collada files to this engine's format. There are probably other converters too.

This applies to many engines and other software. Just because someone has implemented a native export for blender, doesn't mean it's the best way to make geometry
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Dennis-W
Advanced member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Most game engines usually have a converter of some kind so you can use AC3D, export some format, say Collade .dae, and then convert it for the engine.
So I have to export my model from AC3D, import it with another program and just deal with the screwed up normals and re-apply textures to every object manually, if ofcourse the objects aren't being merged that is.

Too much of a hassle if you ask me. Very inefficient.

Quote:
A quick Google for this engine found https://github.com/returnString/CryEngine.RC

I have no experience of this but it looks like you can convert Collada files to this engine's format. There are probably other converters too.
That looks more doable, but it's still not what I would prefer the most.
Canīt a script or something make it possible to directly on export from AC3D to run it trough that converter ?

Quote:
This applies to many engines and other software. Just because someone has implemented a native export for blender, doesn't mean it's the best way to make geometry
But still, it's ideal for hobbyists to model and quickly export to CE3 format at low costs.