Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Jikito

Default SL Sculpt Maps

Hi I am sort of new to AC3D and I had 3 basic questions.

1) Can you export sculpt maps larger then 32x32, when I try to import , I only seem to get 32x32 resolution.

2) Is there a link to another site that has the tutorial for mapping custom models using AC3D, I read the forums and the link to one tutorial seems to be broken or tutorial is no longer hosted.

3) what is the differance between sculptie export and normalized sculptie export?

and a pleasure to meet you all!
Jikito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2008, 06:42 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: SL Sculpt Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikito View Post
1) Can you export sculpt maps larger then 32x32, when I try to import , I only seem to get 32x32 resolution.
Not with the current version of the plugin, possibly in the next one. However, that's about as big as SL can do... and frequently it LODs down to 16x16 unless your face is basically touching it. Uploading a giant map doesn't help as it gets downsampled anyway.

If you need more vertices, my best recommendation is to slice your object into multiple patches in AC3D and use the planar sculpt mapping mode via LSL in SL on your model. I've exported very large, high density objects that way.

Quote:
2) Is there a link to another site that has the tutorial for mapping custom models using AC3D, I read the forums and the link to one tutorial seems to be broken or tutorial is no longer hosted.
This one?
http://www.independentdeveloper.com/...rom_existing_3

It was down over the weekend... my RAID array melted. It's back now.

Quote:
3) what is the differance between sculptie export and normalized sculptie export?
Normalized mode forces the dimensions of the sculpt map to a 1x1x1 cube. In theory, this gives you greater precision, and more importantly it fills the collision boundaries of the object fully which is helpful if the object is non-phantom. The only down-side of normalized mode is that you must re-scale the object after you import it into SL. You can find the object dimensions in AC3D by highlighting the object and clicking the > button next to the "move" controls in the left-hand panel. Be sure to flip the Y and Z axis when entering the size into SL, as SL has its axes swapped.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Jikito

Default Re: SL Sculpt Maps

thanks lisa, this helps alot +)
Jikito is offline   Reply With Quote