Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th December 2007, 10:46 PM   #1
Verran

Default Functional Query

I had typed up an enormous post introducing myself to the community, offering some background on myself, and finally closing with my inquery, however, I gather that someone elected to log me out because that post has now been lost to the sands of time.

My purchasing AC3D is contingent upon this platform being the primary platform for exporting models to X-Plane. I have several pet projects I would like to transfer with me when I leave the evil that is Gmax and FlightSim.

Also, I encountered a slight dilemma when my primary project was imported into AC3D (Trial Version) from a text based .obj file as a single object. I would like to know if there is a way to circumnavigate this issue, or if this is simply "the way things are."

Good to be with you,

Verran
Old 15th December 2007, 01:10 PM   #2
luuckyy
Professional user

Default Re: Functional Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verran View Post
I I encountered a slight dilemma when my primary project was imported into AC3D (Trial Version) from a text based .obj file as a single object.
Hi, yes unfortunately this is the way things are. Some importers/exporters have their little annoyances in AC3D.
If you really need to import your OBJ file with all its different objects entities in place, then you could try to import it into Blender and then from there to export an AC3D file (*.ac). I suppose it should work, I'm not 100 % sure.

About your previous post, see this thread :
http://www.inivis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4566
Old 15th December 2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Verran

Default Re: Functional Query

Another alternative I discovered, I can export/import each object individually (I just need to find a way to align them.) However, I'm not seeing any allowance for animation in AC3D. Am I simply overlooking something?

(On another note, I had read about the server crash; I was actually referring to a personal connection error that "ate" the post. You know, those little gremlins that jump out of the modem for an occassional snack.)