Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14th January 2015, 12:44 AM   #1
devrich

Default Questions before buying

Hi,

I have heard about AC3D for quite some time and I have looked over your site. I am considering purchasing in the next 3-10 days ( depending on budget ) and I just have a few questions before buying if i may :

1: i have plans to develop on Linux Mint 17.1 64-bit ( ubuntu 14.04 )... Will AC3D work on that distro?

2: Does AC3D do keyframe skeletal animations from scratch like fragmotion? For years I have used fragmotion to create my own skeletal animations with boned rigs of whatever models or characters I use ( for example rigging a airplane hanger to open two large side doors like french doors )

3: Does AC3D export in any of these formats: .FBX, .DAE, .MS3D, .B3D, or some kind of OGRE3D file format ?

4: I see on the buy page "AC3D Personal license" and "AC3D Group licenses" and i'm trying to figure out what to do:
....Essentially; I have a linux computer that I want to install AC3D to _but_ this computer is ( for security purposes ) not connected to the internet.

4a: What AC3D license type do I purchase and

4b: How would I be able to use it on my offline linux pc ?

4c: How long will the license be good for?

4d: Do I get free upgrades during the license time?

5: If / when i decide to upgrade to a brand new DD4 latest generation PC computer, it will have 100% all new hardware. How would I go about transfering my license to work on that machine?

6: Forgot to ask; does AC3D import or export animations in .BVH or other file formats?

Many thanks for your patience

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have a couple website related bugs to report:

Bug1: i went to the BUY page: http://www.inivis.com/buy.html and clicked on the "NEW! AC3D 7.3 Now Available NEW!" link and then it takes me to the 7.2 forum post with the TARDIS: http://www.inivis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6875

Bug2: Then I went to register on the forums and i clicked on the link for the register.php page and i got 3 php errors, i had them in a text editor yesterday but apparently forgot to save it and today i found that my forum account was approved.

you might want to attempt to register on the forums to see the errors; they are "php" errors and i am assuming that maybe your server's php.ini is configured to show php erros to html which is usually the case in my past experience: "display_errors" if set to true will display php erros as part of the html output "to the screen" vs in a php error log.

HTH

p.s. you should feel free to edit this post of mine to remove the website bug list if you wish

Last edited by devrich; 14th January 2015 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typos and added question 5 and 6
devrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Questions before buying

Try the Linux AC3D download on your system.

There's no animation but AC3D does support some of the the file formats you mention including DAE and Ogre - see www.inivis.com/features.html

For you, a personal license is probably the one to go for. Group licenses are for multiple users and are best for company use (e.g. where users may change or servers are used). You can use any license on a non-networked machine.

The license will be good forever as the software will not time out. New versions and updates are free for one year. After that you may wish to upgrade your license to use a later version (at a discount). We recommend you keep a copy of the download.

You can move to another machine. Perhaps consider the additional machine at the time of purchase since this will cover another computer.

Thanks for the bug reports - will get these looked into...
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote