Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd March 2006, 08:49 PM   #1
filmproducer

Default Texture Not Aligned Please Help

This may be a simple question, but I created a building and created the textures. I used the texture program with AC3D and the building looks great in AC3D, but when transferred to x-plane (7.63), the textures were uneven and the building looks see thru. I spent about 4 hours, trying to figure it out and no luck. Is it the size of textures or is there something I need to add?
see problem here: http://home.swfla.rr.com/airline
filmproducer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2006, 09:53 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

I'm not an X-Plane user, but my best guess is the "missing" faces are flipped.

in AC3D, select your building and change the surfaces to 1-sided (the "1S" button in the lower left of the interface by "Surface type"). If it is a "flipped surfaces" problem, these problem surfaces should also "disappear" in AC3D (i.e., they'll only be visible from inside the building). If this happens, simply select the surfaces that are facing the wrong way and perform a Surface -> Flip Normal (Ctrl+Shift+N), and they should be fixed when you push the geometry out to X-Plane.

hope that helps,

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 12:51 PM   #3
coanda
Expert member

yep that would do it.
coanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2006, 04:25 PM   #4
filmproducer

Default Texture Problems

Thanks for the help, I set the 1s button and decided to not flip or turn the textures since that was some of the problem. I still got the textures off set or not at all. Can anyone tell me if the textures have to be a certain size or speific layout for x-plane, I think that may be my problem. Still working on it. Maybe I'll figure it out. Thanks.
Old 4th March 2006, 10:41 AM   #5
coanda
Expert member

If you are using the ac3d exporter, it will tell you that objects do not have a texture assigned.

X-plane requires up to 1024x1024 32bit bmp, or png files. Texture sizes require the heights and widths to be powers of 2, but you don't have to have height and width the same. They just have to be powers of 2 in height (1024x1024, 512x256 etc......). X-plane will give you an error if hte textures do not fit hte acceptable standard.

Remember you can rotate, and flip the surfaces in the tce window. so it is possible to get into a mess if you start doing this.

If you can't sort it out, you could send it along and I'll see if I can fix it.

coanda
coanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2006, 11:31 PM   #6
filmproducer

Thank you, it was the size as you mentioned that I had wrong. This fixed the problem.