Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th July 2005, 12:52 PM   #1
craig_ac3d

Default Plugins 5.021

How many plugins should be listed when you pull down the ToolsMenu. Are they all plugins in that menu? Some have hot keys attached to them

I've tried installing a plugin call "quickgrid" I'm running AC3d on Linux (fedora 3)

I don't see quickgrid listed in the either the Help/About Plugins or under Tools

I moved it from the /ac3dlx/plugins to ac3dlx/tcl and still it is not listed

I also note that the About Plugins list 27 plugins that came with the installation but I see only 14 items listed in the Tools menu of which the last 5 are below a line in the Tool menu.

Shouldn't I see the all plugins on the Tool menu? What directory do I place plugins into? The ac3d manual doesn't mention this. The guickgrid mentions the "scripts" directory.... both my /plugin and /tcl have .tcl files in them so I'm not sure which of these two directories is the so called "scripts" directory.

Some of the files in the /plugin that came with the installation did not come with execution permissions... I changed all files in the /plugin to execution permission.

thank you
craig_ac3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2005, 02:55 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: Plugins 5.021

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_ac3d
I've tried installing a plugin call "quickgrid" I'm running AC3d on Linux (fedora 3)

I don't see quickgrid listed in the either the Help/About Plugins or under Tools

I moved it from the /ac3dlx/plugins to ac3dlx/tcl and still it is not listed
The QuickGrid plugin is actually a script-only plugin --- to get it functioning, it should go into a "scripts" folder in your ac3d directory. I'm not familiar with Linux installs of AC3D, but it sounds like you don't have a "scripts" folder??? If not, try creating one and placing it there --- otherwise, Andy or another Linux user may have to advise here.

The QuickGrid plugin will not show up in the "about plugins" dialog --- none of the scripts I've personally written for AC3D place an entry there.

The additional plugins you see in the "about plugins" list are normally exporters/importers, and will be found in the Export sub-menu, or will show up as a file type when you perform an "Import".

Plugins (versus scripts) are usually placed in the "plugins" folder. Most of the time, these plugins will be under the "Tools" menu, but check the docs for the specific plugin when in doubt.

Most plugins will show up in the Tools menu, but check the docs for the specific plugin to make sure.

Hope this helps,
Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2005, 04:23 PM   #3
craig_ac3d

Thanks !

creating the /scripts folder and placing your "guickgrid.xxx in it, reloading ac3d worked. It's listed in the Tool's menu

So I wonder if it necessary to copy those other scripts in /plugins that came with the installation into the /scripts to implement them.

I'd better explore this product some more before I mess with this feature.

again thanks
craig_ac3d is offline   Reply With Quote