Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th August 2009, 12:56 PM   #1
thierry_st_malo
Professional user

Smile The thing becomes amusing

Hi, all!

Out of curiosity, you might want to have a look at the home page of my site www.tvi-sarl.com. You will find there an image that you can display full size by clicking on it. From front to back: the English battleship "Edinburgh" completed in 1887, the French battleship "Hoche" completed in 1890, the English armoured coast-guard vessel "Hydra" completed in 1876, and the French protected cruiser "Lavoisier" completed in 1898. All have been modelled at the same scale with AC3D.

For several years (true, unfortunately) I had been looking for a graphic chart that would enable me to model ships at a given scale and within a reasonable time, simplified yet in a credible manner so as to compare them with one another. I do think that a ship model is interesting in itself, but becomes so even more if you can compare the ships with others, which is very difficult to do, if at all, by any other means.

I have hit upon this chart with "Hydra", I am validating it with "Lavoisier", and for further motivation I have taken out two uncompleted (despair, you know) models from my old files. I will now complete them. Such as they are they have been resized to the correct scale and their most obvious shortcomings have been eliminated. And I have others!

The thing becomes amusing, no?

Thierry
Attached Images

thierry_st_malo is offline   Reply With Quote