Go Back   AC3D Forums > Technical > AC3D Developers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th January 2006, 01:02 AM   #1
amatiman

Default RGB & YUV conversions

Im trying to develop an engine in C that would handle the conversion of RAW formats to specified RGB or YUV formats.
Can anyone guide me as to how to proceed.
amatiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2006, 01:30 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Almost all you'll need can probably be found here:

http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?s=graphics

This provides graphics file formats for pretty much all formats I've personally encountered. Once you know the format of the file, it's basically a matter of writing a parser to read the file, then outputting the file in the correct format.

Hope that helps.

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 12:40 AM   #3
amatiman

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I had already been through the link that you referred to me.

I am a very new person in the world of Audio & Video Enoding / Decoding.
The current assignment that I have been given is to develop an engine (in C) that would transform various RAW RGB & RAW YUV files from one form to other, i.e. RGB to YUV & vice-versa. (RGB888 & below and YUV444 & below)

Being a very new professional in the field of Digital Media, I am really stuck up with certain documents that I managed from the net. I read information as to how to use mathematical formulas to transform these files.

The biggest problem Im facing right now is How to identify the format of these YUV & RGB files.What is the format of the Structure that defines its definition.

I hope you would be kind enough to spare some of your time to help me start up with some proper solution to this problem right from the grass root level. (I have just 2 more days to document my work and define the plan that I shall adapt).

Just give me some idea about the Structure that I can use to Decode these files in my programs, coz as you said, once I know the Structure, its just the matter of Parsing which is a relatively very easy task.

Kindly Help me build up my career in a significant manner.

Desperately looking forward to a quick reply from you....

Thanks & Regards

A Matiman
amatiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2006, 10:38 AM   #4
Dennis
Professional user

I wish I could be of more assistance, but I know next to nothing of the YUV format, and have never personally worked with RGB...

Good luck,

Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote