Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd October 2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Paul Norfolk

Default New and looking at buying

Hey all:

As the title suggests, I'm in the process of the trial and looking to see if AC3D is worth me acquiring.

I do have one question and it's about SL sculpties and then one non SL related question (hope you can help)

All I did was import a cube in ac3d, didn't model it at all, just left it as it was. Saved it and uploaded it to SL. For some reason it's appearing with a dent in the top (see pic attached)

Just wondering if there is anyway to stop this and reduce creasing at the poles?

Also... when building a house (just an example) is there anyway to snap two different shapes together... eg, a vertex on one shape snapping to the vertex on another?

I think that's all for the minute lol wouldn't wanna bore you senseless with a page of questions

Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to hopefully becoming a regular on these boards.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	denting on sculpty.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1283  

Paul Norfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: New and looking at buying

I can't answer SL issues, but:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Norfolk View Post
Also... when building a house (just an example) is there anyway to snap two different shapes together... eg, a vertex on one shape snapping to the vertex on another?
You can do this in Vertex mode using the "Vertex -> Snap Objects by Vertices" menu. It allows you to select two vertices (one in each of 2 different objects), and will move/snap the object that owns the first selected vertex to the second one - give it a try with some random objects and it should become clear.

Good luck, and welcome to the forums.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 04:54 PM   #3
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: New and looking at buying

Also, just snapping the vertices together will *NOT* make it look right when rendering. You need to go through and tell it to optimize vertices to ensure they click together into one smooth surface.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote