Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2009, 10:33 PM   #1
keres

Default Give a * About Games INIVIS!

AC3d has an intense lack of support for game model formats, both import and export. Formats such as md2/md3/md4 for quake series or SMD/MDL for Source engine games. Milkshape 3d completely dominates you because of this and no doubt receives an exceptionally greater amount of business because of it.

The gaming community between these two games are HUGE, i mean HUGE. Take a look at all the mod communities, UrbanTerror has over 2000+ players, Valve games literally have hundreds of thousands if not millions of players between the huge selection of games from Valve software including Left4Dead, Counterstrike:Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Insurgency, Zombie mod, Garry's mod, and so forth. A fraction of those players make maps, and thus need models to populate them. Ac3d can't do that.

Inivis, your program blows MS3d out of the water as far as the actual modeling goes, but there is no point at all in even buying - in addition to paying $50 or so more - if you aren't willing to provide the tools necessary for it to even work well.

I'm looking at either buying MS3d or AC3d. It seems i have no choice but to buy MS3d. Inivis, what say you? Why should i buy your product?

Last edited by Andy; 17th April 2009 at 07:04 AM.
keres is offline   Reply With Quote