Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th April 2006, 02:37 PM   #1
unluckyseventeen

Default Selecting surfaces/verticies

I would like to know, what's up with the selection of surfaces and verticies? It seems like if I have two of them on the same X, Y or Z axis, and I try to click on the one that I can see, it selects the one behind it? It's really annoying trying to work with several surfaces or verticies on the same plane, and not ever being able to select which one you want, as they are all pretty close together, and no camera angle will ever solve the problem.

Does anybody know what I am talking about?

If you don't, it's like this:

Say I have a cylinder with 8 outside surfaces. I want to select one surface and delete it, leaving an open space. I can't. You know why? I click on the one that I can see (the one I want to work with), and no matter what I do, it selects the one behind it. So, I go to the other side (reverse camera angle), and attempt to click through those surfaces to get the one I want, and it still screws up and selects the one I DON'T want!!! So, it's like the bug isn't even consistent!!

Is there any logical explaination for this? It's really annoying to try to work in close perameters and not be able to select the right surface or vertice, due to lacking programming, or just some kind of silly bug.

Can this be fixed? Is anybody else having this problem?

Thanks.
unluckyseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2006, 03:41 PM   #2
luuckyy
Professional user

Hi,
I've created a 8 segments cylinder, clicked on 1 surface in surface mode, and only that surface is selected ...
So I don't really know what happens with you :?:
Old 23rd April 2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Zaragon

Perhaps you are moving the mouse whilst clicking that creates a bounding box which selects every surface under the box.
Zaragon is offline   Reply With Quote