Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th April 2007, 08:55 PM   #1
RedHunter

Default Training/Courses?

Can anyone recommend AC3D training or classroom courses -- preferably in the Boston area but potentially online?
RedHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2007, 09:19 PM   #2
Gooberz

Default Re: Training/Courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHunter View Post
Can anyone recommend AC3D training or classroom courses -- preferably in the Boston area but potentially online?
AC3D is not a widely used program. Well, not widely enough used for schools to start offering classes like 3ds Max. Your best bet it to futz around with AC3D until you get a feel of it, and then go to the "Tutorials/Howto" section of these forums and look around for tutorials in there. Be sure to look at better modeler's works (TBD is really good, check out his stuff). Looking at work better than your own can give you ideas on how to model stuff, and perhaps inspire you too. That's what I did personally, and I don't think my stuff is *too* bad.
Gooberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2007, 02:36 AM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Training/Courses?

I have to pop in here.

Whilst AC3D is not as well known as 3D Studio, AC3D is very widely used see: www.inivis.com/where.html

As well as many sites using it (not all are listed above), we have thousands of registered users.

One of the powers of AC3D is that it doesn't really need a training course. Schools we work with are disillusioned by other software which is over-complicated and hard to use AND requires training. They find AC3D a breath of fresh air and students can produce results so much quicker.

We have a training pack and sample files which schools use to get started. It takes you though the basics. After that, the manual really is quite useful, as is this forum.

If you could like a copy of the training pack send me a private message on here, making sure you let me know your email address.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote