Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th January 2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Greasetattoo
Expert member

Default AC3D on Facebook

Hey All,
Is AC3D on facebook?
Anyone know.
I searched and found a few, but don't know if they are original from Inivis?
thanks...
Greasetattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: AC3D on Facebook

There's no official Facebook page for AC3D. Personally, I feel that it would not benefit us. Most of what our users need is on the AC3D web site and the forum and if it's not, they can contact us via this site.

I find it interesting that many sites effectively give free advertising to other companies such as Facebook and Twitter without fully realizing that this is what they are really doing.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this though
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 07:37 AM   #3
coldby
Professional user

Well, since you're asking... there seems to be quite a share of the world's populace persuaded that if you aren't on facebook, if you don't have 65,535 close friends you'll never ever meet face-to-face, if you don't e-socialize daily with millions of nobodies you hardly give a damn for, then you just don't exist.

As I personally belong to another parish - one maintaining that the measly 27,375 days of an average life aren't enough to get acquainted with 7,000,000,000 other humans and therefore friends are to be carefully chosen - I'm not that fond of people or companies having pseudopodes on facebook, twitter or other mass organizations of the kind.

Thus I agree with you, Andy - but I'm just one out of the 7,000,000,000 above...

Btw. - happy new year!
coldby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2013, 10:26 PM   #4
jentron
Professional user

My first thought on reading the subject line was "Why?" (Why would you want AC3D on facebook?)

Facebook was popular because it let you keep up with friends. The more it tries to become a guerilla marketing tool the less worthwile it becomes.

I'm just too lazy to delete my account there.
jentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 11:24 AM   #5
jayd
Expert member

I have to reply here: had a facebook account, deleted it--to me its just plain voyeuristic--and a great way to show how mundane a life can be. I posted and connected with old high school friends then found out that we did not politically jive--The author Thomas Wolfe was right when he wrote that you can never go home.

...and now employers are using it to see what their employers are up to, teachers are getting fired and the list goes on.

people put stupid funny things on their page and sometimes it ends up being to their detriment when it comes time to look for employment.

Great for catching criminals though--the FBI and local police now monitor it to see who is being naughty and who is being nice.

Someone once told me that back in the day each small town had its crank--then came the internet and social networking and now all the cranks can get together and became one big crank...

Great tool.

Its a zombie landscape full of commercial brain eating vultures. User beware.
jayd is offline   Reply With Quote