Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 31st August 2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Lordcaim
Expert member

Default Red earth

This is the marine's rilfe model, the laser version. It's not complete, no textures, not smoothed out and i may make it bigger but for now it's good.I would like to know what you guys think about it so please comment.
(Also how do you make a texture, I know how to place them but I don't know how to make them.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web.png
Views:	240
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1149  

Name:	web1.png
Views:	245
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1151  

Name:	web2.png
Views:	255
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1152  

Old 31st August 2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Lordcaim
Expert member

Default Re: Red earth

Here's another, the X-I winged Dragonfly. Right now i'm using the trial version as I wait for the full version. I'm probally compose a combat scene, however it wouldn't be rendered so it will probally not look too good but whatever.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	233
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1155  

Views:	242
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1154  

Views:	227
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1153  

Old 31st August 2008, 08:41 PM   #3
Lordcaim
Expert member

This is the alien attackers ship, the Scorcher. Faster than human's ships and it's plasma cannons have a faster rate of fire than human machine guns. Howevere it is very weak and goes down quickly. The Scorcher has a special feature were it's plasma cannons shoot out only two blasts than, when hit, cause a massive explosion. This feature can only be down when inside an atmosphere though.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	236
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1156  

Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	1157  

Views:	232
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1158  

Old 31st August 2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Lordcaim
Expert member

Here's a side by side comparison of the Dragonfly and Scorcher starships. The reason why i'm doing these in groups of 3s is because i'm trying to save memory on my computer.
Attached Thumbnails

Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1159  

Views:	244
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1160  

Views:	230
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1161  

Old 31st August 2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Lordcaim
Expert member

Here's the Spear. It's changed more from a jeep to a APC semi-tank. The turret is still controled by a second person and not the driver. However everyone is armored, and the passangers can shoot from the front slot(the black bar under the light blue bar). On the back there are some bars, those are steps to the turret. Also the box that has the bars on it is a hatch, it's where everyone gets in.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	237
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1164  

Views:	232
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	1165  

Views:	226
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	1166  

Old 31st August 2008, 10:34 PM   #6
madmax
Advanced member

Looks okay, but a bit blocky and basic. I think some beveling and such would help a bit. Also, is this going to b fps/rpg, or more of a strategy game? If its fps/rpg, some more detail would probably help alot, but looks like a good start.
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:42 AM   #7
Lordcaim
Expert member

Here's the space station Athena, named after the Greek god Athena who was the godess of war, cities, education and science. The space station is named Athena because I guard's the cities on Mars and harbors many civilians, including scientists. It has six turrets on top and bottom of the station that can destory fighters, repel frigates, and stall capital ships. I greebled it and some ships to add detail.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	216
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1195  

Views:	206
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1196  

Old 2nd September 2008, 04:17 AM   #8
--tractorman--
Advanced member

nice work, cant wait to see more stuff
--tractorman-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 07:12 PM   #9
lisa
Professional user

Lordcaim - you sent me an IM, but you have messages turned off so I can't reply, doh! (But to answer your question, "ask Andy". )
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:16 PM   #10
Lordcaim
Expert member

Sorry about that lisa (however found out how to register it though so i'm good ) Also the latest ship, the human's pride and joy, the Zeuz Battleship. The only battleship out there because of it's size but makes up for it's lonelyness with massive fire power. It has a electromagnetic cannon, twice the power of a cruiser's with twice the recharge rate increasing firing speed, three electromagnetic shields that have a special "bounce back" feature, three engines, and around 11 turrets ontop and on bottom of the ship. There are three hangers on it (one under and the two are on the sides). It's main downfall is it takes years to repair the slightest of damage and it's speed is not the best. Since I completed all the ships (for now, may update them as the modeling goes on) the last pic is of a large number of ships gathering around the Athena. As you can see the shield transports are kinda big (i'll shrink them )
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	209
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1197  

Views:	201
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1198