Go Back   AC3D Forums > Technical > AC3D Bugs and Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th May 2020, 10:00 PM   #1
Perry

Default Textures not auto loading consistently

I modify an 2048x2048 pixel file in GIMP and export it frequently, but the auto texture loading in AC3D does not work or work intermittently after the first few exports. I have to close, then reopen the AC3D to see the updated textures.
Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: Textures not auto loading consistently

Thanks for posting this. Investigating it led me to find two bugs in the File->settings dialog. The DXF-circle-point and texture-update-msecs were incorrectly be displayed as checkboxes rather than number fields. This means that the values for these were probably being set to 0 or 1 when the settings were saved.

The texture update time is what I was going to point you to, which defaults to 4000 (4 seconds). If it was checking every millisecond, it may have caused the problem. The problem _could_ be something else - perhaps a texture memory problem.

A fixed release is due shortly but if you want to add this fix, edit (using a text editor) tcl/ac3dprefs.tcl, search for the line that starts:

ac_create_pair_label_bool $wf prefs_texture_update_tick

and replace

"ac_create_pair_label_bool" with "ac_create_pair_label_entry_int".

Then start AC3D and menu File->Settings->File should allow you to change the update time. I suspect you'll see a '1'. Enter 4000 (which is milliseconds). Then AC3D will look at the modification date on a texture file every 4 seconds and reload the texture if it detects a change.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2021, 11:04 AM   #3
Airdrigh

Default Re: Textures not auto loading consistently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Thanks for posting this. Investigating it led me to find two bugs in the File->settings dialog. The DXF-circle-point and texture-update-msecs were incorrectly be displayed as checkboxes rather than number fields. This means that the values for these were probably being set to 0 or 1 when the settings were saved.

The texture update time is what I was going to point you to, which defaults to 4000 (4 seconds). If it was checking every millisecond, it may have caused the problem. The problem _could_ be something else - perhaps a texture memory problem.

A fixed release is due shortly but if you want to add this fix, edit (using a text editor) tcl/ac3dprefs.tcl, search for the line that starts:

ac_create_pair_label_bool $wf prefs_texture_update_tick

and replace

"ac_create_pair_label_bool" with "ac_create_pair_label_entry_int".

Then start AC3D and menu File->Settings->File should allow you to change the update time. I suspect you'll see a '1'. Enter 4000 (which is milliseconds). Then AC3D will look at the modification date on a texture file every 4 seconds and reload the texture if it detects a change.
Hello,

I have the same problem even i followed the advise how to mofiy the prefs file.
Airdrigh is offline   Reply With Quote