Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd January 2006, 05:52 PM   #1
jerrylynnb
Advanced member

Default Mouse drivers ignored?

I usually use my Logitech marble "ball" mouse (USB), but I also at times use an additional Logitech 3-button wheel mouase (USB). With most other applications, you can use them both at the same time with no problems. But, when I start AC3D (or 3DBrowser, also), the extra buttons don't work any more (until after I close the application). Sometimes, also, my preset motion is ignored and reverts back to minimum (very slow). Is there something about 3D apps that inhibit using Logitech's drivers for the exta buttons (I have them set for double-click and close application, as weel as maximize). This is a small irritant, only, but, I wonder if maybe I can set a preference somewhere and have AC3D respond to my mouse presets. Jerry
jerrylynnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 06:30 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

If these buttons are e.g. button 4 and 5, you may be able to map them to other functions.

Try putting this in a file in the scripts folder e.g. "test.tcl"

Code:
puts "test.tcl"
bind <Button-5> {puts "hello from button 5"}
Watch for test.tcl in the console when AC3D starts, to make sure the script ran. If pressing another button on your mouse prints something in the console, it's possible to map this event to another button - let us know.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 10:53 AM   #3
jerrylynnb
Advanced member

Default Scipts? Wos!

The script runs - the bottom message in the console window (dos box) says it will run user script/scripts test.tcl, and then the next line says text.jcl. I went ahead an created a second test2.jcl for button 4. It ran also since the puts message "test2.jcl" also appeared. But I didn't get any message by depressing buttons 4 or 5.
HOWEVER - the normal mapping for these buttons (maximize for button 4, close app for button 5) STARTED WORKING!. ?????? So I am perplexed about that.
So, now, my button problem is solved, but, the motion still reverts to a slower speed - I can live with this.
This brings up a whole new subject for me - you introduced me to the SCRIPT feature of AC3D, and now you started something. What language are scripts writeen in? I want to learn about that, for sure. The idea of being able to write scripts for AC3D is something I can really get into. Is there a manual? I'm going to go looking, but, if you can point me someplace, please do so.
jerrylynnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Look up Tcl/TK at www.scriptics.com.

AC3D's UI is made with this - have a peek in the tcl folder.

To control AC3D from tcl/tk, use the 'ac3d' command e.g.

ac3d select_all

There are no specific docs but you can send an

ac3d list

(e.g. put this in a script file) and get a list of all of AC3D's internal commands along with parameters and a small summary of what the command does.

You can also remote control AC3D via a socket

Post any questions in the developers section.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote