Go Back   AC3D Forums > Meeting places > AC3D and X-Plane
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2009, 12:34 AM   #1
WombatBoy

Default ac3d won't export object textures.

ac3d is being really annoying right now and I don't know why. A day or two ago I was working on some landing gear and all was nice and good. I exported fine and everything worked. Then I opened up a couple of .stl files for my friend and after that went back to working on the other two gear for that plane. When I exported I opened everything up in the sim and expected everything to be textured just the way I had had them however there was nothing. Just the gray color you get before you've textured anything. I started trying this with all tons of objects and it just doesn't work at all. I have re-downloaded ac3d and re-installed the ac3d X-Plane plugin but that didn't do anything. I'm really stuck right now and it's very annoying because these are some things I need to get done.

I'm not sure if the .stl thing had anything to do with it but I just included it because it seemed to be a before and after thing. I have attached an object as well as the texture I made just for a test. The .ac file is in there as well. If you open the object in Text Edit and look at it it'll say that the texture is what the image is but if you open it up the object will just be the plain white. I really don't know what to do anymore and would appreciate any help.

Here's everything:
Attached Files
File Type: zip XP-56 Object.zip (65.1 KB, 290 views)
WombatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 01:26 PM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: ac3d won't export object textures.

You -may- need to remove the space from the filename of the texture. In the xplane obj file the line reads:

TEXTURE xp wings.png

which may cause problems.

Also ensure that the texture file is in the correct location.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 01:51 PM   #3
WombatBoy

Default Re: ac3d won't export object textures.

Yeah, that's what I needed to do. Thanks for that. Apparently all this time I had been doing it by accident and it worked and the one time I got it wrong I though ac3d was messed up.

Thanks!
WombatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote