Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2006, 09:32 AM   #1
rogerdee

Default a simple question on plans

hi guys i got another qustion i hope you can help with.

I now know how to put a plan in the back ground to work from thanks to a helpful gentleman on here but my problem is when i put the 3 different views up i cant get the planes to line up in each of the screens.

is there a simple answer to this in ac3d or do i have to play with psp and line the planes up with that?

thanks in advace for any help that comes
rogerdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2006, 01:38 PM   #2
Dennis
Professional user

Default Re: a simple question on plans

Hi,

You can use Shift+Alt+[Up Arrow] and Shift+Alt+[Down Arrow] to resize an image in the background. Use Alt+[Arrow keys] to move the image. You can either use the grid, or create a box object to use as a guide for the images so you can size them correctly.

This works well in conjunction with saving/loading the background image config. I don't remember whether this utility ships standard with AC3D now, but you should have a "Save background image config" and "Load background image config" menu item under Tools (if not, see the thread at http://www.ac3d.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3675 ).

Personally, I always prep the images to be proportional and centered within photoshop/psp --- this way I have less tweaking to do in AC3D. Plus, since the save/load image config only works for one set of images at a time, I don't have to worry about switching between background image sets (since my background images are already in their proper locations/proportions).
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote