Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st July 2010, 10:11 AM   #1
devere

Default Key bind mapping

Hello All,

Although I bought AC3D over a year ago, I've only just started to really explore the app. I never realised how many advanced features it has, tucked away under the hood so to speak.

However one issue I have is the key binds - ouch I have to say they are somewhat random and waaay to many shift+control options to keep the flow going. However I cannot find where to rebind them in AC3D to my own preferences.

I'm probably just being blind as to my lack of experience with the interface, so if any of the regular users could point me to where I can remap my binds I would be very grateful

Cheers all,

Devere
devere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Stiglr
Professional user

Default Re: Key bind mapping

Take a trial of Blender, and that will immediately cure you of complaining that AC3D has too many key commands.

You don't KNOW "too many key commands" until you've experienced Blender.

My Gaming Rig:
i5 2500K Quad-Core CPU at 3.3GHz
MSI P67A-C43 mobo
4GB of PC12800 DDR3 memory
Windows 7
1GB Galaxy GeForce GTX550 Ti video card GeForce 270.61 drivers (4/2011)
Cougar joystick/throttle combo
CH Pedals
Stiglr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:00 PM   #3
devere

Default Re: Key bind mapping

I got a cold 'someone walking on my grave feeling', just at the mention of Blenders name :-D

However I'm coming (back) to AC3D from silo, and I find it hard to really hit the flow so was hoping to find a config or a menu option to allow me to basically set the binds to be the same (where possible) between apps.

Silo is certainly number 1 when it comes to customization and preferences, however is not really ideal for extended hard surface sessions, and its stability can be very hit or miss even at it's best. Incidentally that has so far been one of AC3D's most impressive features - it has been totally rock solid so far, even when throwing some random extrusions and booleans at it just to see what happens. Silo would have crashed out in a sulk by now.

Cheers

Devere
devere is offline   Reply With Quote