Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2008, 08:56 AM   #11
raynold

Default Re: general questions about sculpties and texturing / pre-rendering of texture-maps

@Severa:
I just bought a double license of AC3D.... in the past I made some quick'n'dirty tests with the sculpty export, but I didn't notice such a problem you talked about.

Do you use the Sculpty-Sphere and -Cube you got with the Export-Plugin?
I know, AC3D is able to export other forms too, but they could cause trouble.

greetings
raynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2008, 07:21 PM   #12
Severa
Advanced member

Default Re: general questions about sculpties and texturing / pre-rendering of texture-maps

I use all the shapes but mostly sphere and cube. Lisa posted up a link of the newer versions of them though even the old ones did work reliably most of the time. Look at one of the threads I started somewhere else where she posted them, and try getting those new ones. You can also use this program with the free sculpted prim programs people have made (by importing the sculpt maps you generate from this. In combination, you can do just about anything with enough patience.
Severa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2008, 10:18 AM   #13
lisa
Professional user

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynold View Post
well.... it seems, AC3D even can't handle real materials, right? I just saw a point "Texture" without anymore settings like transparency, shinyness, refraction, ...
If you right-click a material in the palette and select "Edit Material", you can get additional material properties like transparency and specular value, although it is still limited to the standard OpenGL fixed-function material properties.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote