Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 24th March 2004, 07:45 AM   #1
wsimike

Default Plugins not loading?

Hello..

I'm having a bit of trouble I hope y'all can help out with.

I'm checking out AC3D as a simple, straight-forward modeling solution for creating real-time environments, without all the bells and whistles that would do little more than clutter the interface for me. So far, AC3D looks great :-).

Also, I believe that a boolean/CSG function would help immensely in this regard.

So, I downloaded the plugin pack for Windows, unzipped everything into the AC3D plugins folder as instructed... Started up AC3D, and nothing, that I can tell, is showing up.

I did a search through the forums for this issue, but no one else seems to have reported it, so I'm somehow doing something wrong?

Specifically.. I went into the Tools menu to find the Boolean operator function as explained in another thread.. but it wasn't listed there. Nothing about Booleans, nothing about CSG. What could I possibly be doing wrong?

wsimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 09:42 AM   #2
Thaellin
Professional user

Default Re: Plugins not loading?

Plugins only work with th registered version - trial version won't load them. Is that what you've got?

-- Jeff
Thaellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2004, 10:02 AM   #3
wsimike

Default Re: Plugins not loading?

A ha! That's what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.
Yeah, I'm using the trial version...That explains it :-)

In any case, I do have a question or three about the CSG operations... (since I can't try it out for myself yet)...

Does this work similarly to UnrealEd? In my opinion, UEd is the only editor I've used that got it "right" with creating geometry for real-time 3D... the whole "carving out of a solid" method, rather than "building from nothing" that most editors use... 1 subtraction operation, versus as many as 6 or maybe more to create a room and so on.

Does CSG editing in AC3D work similarly? If so.. or at least in a similar manner.. I'm sold! :-)

A second question (okay.. I guess it's a question or two)... I did a search for this and found one other thread discussing it, where someone was going to try and provide the file format for Torque's map and/or geometry format.. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to go anywhere after that. However, I'm curious if that discussion/development ever went any farther? Are any such plug-ins yet available?

THanks again!
Mike
wsimike is offline   Reply With Quote