Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th November 2010, 09:52 PM   #1
johnnybevo

Default hello

Hello,
I have not downloaded ac3d yet.
I want to ask a few questions before i do so.
Maybe 1st I should tell a little about myself.
I have been modeling about 4 years and I am now getting serious about it.
I have used blender, wings, gmax, My primary modeling app right now is Hexagon 2.5. These are not the only modeling apps I have used I have tried 3ds max and modo, but as many of you may know they cost just way to much.
My first question is about the trial of Ac3d. what happens at the end of the trial, does it stop working or does just the save mode disable. I want to know because I would a least be able to continue to learn if save were disabled. I would need time to save the money to make a purchase.
What about edge selection? I have not seen anything about selecting edges. (edge bevel).
Does or has anyone else come from another app with that used edge selection made an easy transition?
I have created training videos for other applications, and want to know if I had ac3d running how much system resources it might use, if i decided to do modeling tutorials for Ac3d. I have done about 20 or so training tutorials and enjoy doing them.
Well i am off to do some more research on Ac3d. I look forward to chatting with you all.
johnnybevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2010, 03:22 PM   #2
foxa
Professional user

Default Re: hello

Hi johnnybevo, I have seen you over at Daz3D. AC3D is a solid little modelling program. I have used it for at least 5 years for new models as well as modifying existing ones. While it does not have all of the bells and whistles of Hexagon (which I have also used), the ones it does have work. There is onging support and development, and any bugs that do pop up are actively investigated and fixed in a timely manner (thanks Andy). I believe that at the end of the trial period AC3D will no longer run ( I really don't know, since I purchased it after a couple days). I would suggest you give it a good ringing out during the trial and you will know if it is right for you.

Good Luck

Art
foxa is offline   Reply With Quote