Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th August 2007, 10:09 AM   #1
p0rnfl4ke

Red face Desert Eagle

hi

this is my first creation and im pretty proud of it ghehe
but it isnt done yet and i really need someone's help "please"

the red marks shows whats need to happen
it must go abit down so it will create a short of small whole if you know what i mean, if u dont please look at the real desert eagle than you probly know what i mean, if someone is so kind to help me out and explain how i can do this then i will really really really really appriciate that.

greetings
robert

Last edited by p0rnfl4ke; 5th August 2007 at 10:38 AM.
p0rnfl4ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 02:35 PM   #2
lisa
Professional user

Default Re: Desert Eagle

Hi Robert!

Coming along nicely.

Surface lines aren't visible in the picture, but I'm assuming that the side of your gun is all one surface, correct?

If so, the easiest way to add the vent slots is to use the boolean tool. Using the polygon tool, make a quadralateral the shape you want the slot. Next extrude the quadralateral so that you have a box that extends all the way through the gun, sticking out slightly from both sides. Switch to object mode, then select the gun follow by the box. From the Object menu, select Boolean > Subtract. This will make a hole in your gun the shape of the object that was cutting through it.

Sometimes, you may need to do some minor clean-up after using the boolean tool. If you have faces you don't want but the vertices are correct, then select the face and choose Surface > Remove Surface Only. Conversely, if you need to add a face, select the vertices in counter-clockwise order and select Vertex > Create Ordered Surface.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 03:35 PM   #3
DarkSoul
Advanced member

hey i was wondering if you could gimme the reference u got i serched gogle but u now not really good side views... ty
DarkSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 04:02 PM   #4
p0rnfl4ke

thanks lisa for your reply
i will try that out although im totally new and most things that u were explaining is for me abit difficult but i will try what u said

i posted also a deagle with the surfaces and than you can see how i created this pistol

greetings
robert

Last edited by p0rnfl4ke; 6th August 2007 at 04:09 PM.
Old 6th August 2007, 04:10 PM   #5
DarkSoul
Advanced member

i think thats the same one i was using last time and besides this is a really hard gun to model for a bigginer
DarkSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2007, 04:16 PM   #6
p0rnfl4ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post
i think thats the same one i was using last time and besides this is a really hard gun to model for a bigginer
yes thats true
but i didnt know what i wanted to create so i decided to create a gun and i thought that it wouldnt be that difficult but it is, but its fun and i wont stop untill its finished the only problem is that i dont understand everything of the program yet and now i can learn more from it by creating something thats verry difficult and ask for help xD

robert
Old 6th August 2007, 06:52 PM   #7
lisa
Professional user

Oh! You've actually got many more surfaces there than I thought you did. Boolean will still work, but since you've got plenty of surfaces already, there's an even easier way to do the job.

With the mouse, highlight a row of surfaces to form the vent, then click "Extrude". In the side view, drag the surfaces to create a ridge. Then, select the vertices and move them to adjust the shape of the vent and make it more angular, and you should have the shape you are looking for.
lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2007, 07:55 AM   #8
p0rnfl4ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa View Post
Oh! You've actually got many more surfaces there than I thought you did. Boolean will still work, but since you've got plenty of surfaces already, there's an even easier way to do the job.

With the mouse, highlight a row of surfaces to form the vent, then click "Extrude". In the side view, drag the surfaces to create a ridge. Then, select the vertices and move them to adjust the shape of the vent and make it more angular, and you should have the shape you are looking for.
well i tried that but when i wanna extrude it it doesnt extrude the "ridges" but the square blocks, sounds abit weird so i took some more pic's what also weird whas is that i couldnt select the slanting parts that i created, i could only select it when i selected more surfaces...
i think that im gonna work on some other parts of my deagle that are abit easier, i really appriciate your help lisa you must a pro in this program but i really need some time to learn everything and the things that u are saying is abit to difficult for me sorry

robert

Last edited by p0rnfl4ke; 7th August 2007 at 08:16 AM.