Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th June 2003, 09:01 AM   #1
THe WHiTe NiNJa

Default My Problem

Hi All!

I am very new in 3D modeling, but i have an artistic talent and i learn very fast. And excuse my English, it is not so good. :P

My problem is the following:

When i draw a simple cube, then i can only edit 3 sides of it. Lets take for example the a face. I can only edit the bottom, the left side, and the front. How can i edit the top and the right side?

When you cant understand what you mean, then ask me for screenshots. Then it would be more simple to understand.
Old 20th June 2003, 10:15 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Default Re: My Problem

You can switch into vertex select mode and use that to select say, the top or bottom vertices of the box from the front or side views. This means that when you use a function in the surface menu, the actual surfaces that have all their vertices selected are the ones that will be worked on.

You can switch from vertex to surface mode and any surfaces that have all their vertices selected will become selected surfaces.

The easiest way to select a partiular surface (in Surface select mode) is probably to hold down the control key and click on the surface in the 3d window.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote