Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd February 2009, 10:35 PM   #1
MavConstantine

Default Importing into SecondLife

So far I have tried every way I can think of and can't seem to get a sculpty to work inside SL,
The shape is half transparent and nothing like what I made,
Can anyone please give me step by step on this so I can get a shape to work inside SL ?

thanks,
please excuse my frustration,
Mav
MavConstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:29 PM   #2
bcRIPster

Default Re: Importing into SecondLife

Sorry for the late reply... here is one tutorial on exporting a model to sculpty.
bcRIPster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Neo Matrix

Mav,

Welcome to the club of frustration. Unfortunately, even simple objects from the AC3D inventory become altered when uploading into SL. If you find a reasonably priced program that can do it, please send me a recommendation.
Neo Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 07:36 PM   #4
pallense

ok i did fallow the tutorial and it help but still having trouble i get the zizag edge on the scuplty map in black and it become destroy ... can some help me more how to use the uv and the texture sketch tks very much .... by the way im a newby
pallense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2009, 01:29 PM   #5
bcRIPster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Matrix View Post
Mav,

Welcome to the club of frustration. Unfortunately, even simple objects from the AC3D inventory become altered when uploading into SL. If you find a reasonably priced program that can do it, please send me a recommendation.
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I can't really think of a better program as none of them give you the power and flexibility that you can get out of AC3D, and certainly not at the price. All I can figure is that the learning curve for using the software is too steep for you?

Have you looked all of the tutorials on the Inivis site as well as those on the Independent Developer blog?

Bryan
bcRIPster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 03:48 PM   #6
Neo Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcRIPster View Post
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I can't really think of a better program as none of them give you the power and flexibility that you can get out of AC3D, and certainly not at the price. All I can figure is that the learning curve for using the software is too steep for you?

Have you looked all of the tutorials on the Inivis site as well as those on the Independent Developer blog?

Bryan
No, I don’t find the learning curve steep, but I’m reminded of the days of Windows 3.1. As I pointed out, a simple object from the AC3D inventory will not load into SL without becoming distorted, let alone a sculpty. The programmers need to put their heads together and figure it out so this program can be put to use. The price is irrelevant if it doesn’t work as intended.
Neo Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 04:53 PM   #7
NCARalph

I think the problem is with controlling the vertexes so the uploaded sculptie resembles the AC3D model. The way the exporter selects what points to make vertexes in the final sculptie doesn't take into account the details on the object, it's just a grid. It's possible to get things to work a bit better by messing around with the UV mapping, but it's pretty tough to make it work well.
NCARalph is offline   Reply With Quote