Go Back   AC3D Forums > Resources > AC3D Tutorials and How-To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th May 2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Re: Realistic Poser Pro Clothing...

Thats for really conforming clothing.

There's another option you could do for a looser item like a heavy coat. Do the copy/paste method above, but do it only for a ring around the torso. Clean that up to reduce the number of poly's, then just extrude it up one row at a time, and adjust each row as you go.

It would be a lot like creating a new torso from scratch, but it may end up being easier on you than trying to simplify a high rez poser model down to the point you can use the above method.

But, thats the beautiful thing about this hobby/profession/whatever, there's always a million different ways to do the exact same thing, you just find the one that works best for you in any given situation.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2011, 02:45 PM   #12
Glen
Expert member

Thanks!

Well, I've just tried it out, and after around 10 minutes, reduced M4 by 50%. You're right, AC3D LOVES to triangulate everything, lol! He's also still very high poly, especially around the nipples. I might try using a lower res figure, but that's all I can do for tonight, and possibly until next week, as I'm marshalling at Silverstone over the weekend and will probably not have much time or energy to do owt til then, lol!

I'll update this thread with some screenies, if all goes well. If it doesn't, I'll be whining here instead, lol!

All the best, have a great weekend, whatever you're doing!

Glen.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 08:08 AM   #13
Glen
Expert member

Hi folks!

Just a quick update on my progress: I've made a medium poly suit in AC3D. Not 100% happy with it, but I think it'll do. I have a problem, however. When I export it and import it to Poser, a whole load of faces are missing all over the suit! Does anyone know what might be causing this, please?

Many thanks!

Glen.
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 01:14 AM   #14
MILT40
Professional user

Smile Re: Realistic Poser Pro Clothing...

Hey Just want to say that you get very high marks on your tutorial on Realistic Poser Pro Clothing.Your simple but well detailed steps are great.By using your tutorial I went and created a shirt in about an hour.There are a few things that I need to work on but creating a shirt for the first time without anything to go by....,no sketch or model.Thanks again.
MILT40
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shirt 1.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	2282  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shirt 2.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2283  

MILT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 10:11 PM   #15
Edymnion
Professional user

Hey, I'm just a little late to the party, sorry about that, but it looks great!
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 10:56 PM   #16
MILT40
Professional user

Better late than never.....Thanks Edymnion for your reply and your help&your toturial.
MILT40 is offline   Reply With Quote