Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th August 2014, 11:36 AM   #1
Edymnion
Professional user

Default Market as a 3D Printer Model Creator

Hey Andy,

I've been having fun with my new 3D printer, and I've realized something while working with it and AC3D.

AC3D is *PERFECT* for use as an engine to create models for 3D printers with. It doesn't do animation, it doesn't do complex lighting, it doesn't have rendering, and it has more or less regular texturing.

Pretty much everything that AC3D doesn't have out of the box are things that are completely irrelevant to making objects for 3D printing, and the things it does have (very clean, very easy to use interface, low entry price, and ability to easily import/export to .stl format) are exactly what modelling for printers does need.

So yeah, just a suggestion, but you really might want to look into doing a bit of marketing to set AC3D up as the 3D printer modelling software of choice.
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion. It is by the syrup of cola that thoughts acquire speed, the ears acquire ringing, the ringing becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind into motion.
Edymnion is offline   Reply With Quote