Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th May 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
bes12000

Default Polygon count max?

Yes im a newbi,I bought Milkshape3D and dont like that it wont support high poly models without crashing soo....
I was wondering if there is a polygon limit for models?, asking this so I can decide if to buy this program or not..

poly range needed: anywhere between 10,000 - 1Billion(Zbrush3 limit)
bes12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 02:40 PM   #2
tbd
Professional user

Default Re: Polygon count max?

Heh, 1 billion?? Well, my most in Ac3d are around whats in the picture, and I know some have made models in 3d studio max or Lightwave ranging from 2 to 6 million polys. Dont know what your expectations are ,but when going up to such numbers, you need quite some powertower of a pc. But from what I have experienced with Ac3d, it wont quit when the polycount gets up.
Attached Images

tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 03:06 PM   #3
bes12000

Well im making a Wing Commander game and its going to be DirectX9/10,64bit/32bit,and single/dual core compatable..its going to be like one no ones ever seen before(hopefully).

So for the higher end computers I wanted high poly models(they dont have to be 1billion polys..lol).

My PC is good....but my OS isnt 64bit so having some memory limitations....4gigs of ram on a 32bit OS,but can only use 2gigs of ram per program..
So when I finally get a 64bit OS my comp will be good enough for real high poly stuff..

I did look at your site,if you made those with AC3D then ill probably get it..lol

Last edited by bes12000; 5th May 2007 at 03:09 PM.
bes12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2007, 03:47 PM   #4
tbd
Professional user

Well then. Sounds like your comp is better then mine And yes, I only use Ac3d to model. I like it because its really easy to understand. Plus it has a, in my opinion, really great uv mapping editor.
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote