Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th October 2003, 10:32 PM   #1
dbyrd01

Default vrml2 export

im really interested in the vrml application of the models/worlds that can be created wtih AC3D. up to now that is how i've output my work so far. one of the issues ive noticed in the vrml code after export is that part of the url for the textures is missing and has to be modified by hand each time i export:

texture ImageTexture { url "aa_primary2.jpg" }

should read

texture ImageTexture { url "textures/aa_primary2.jpg" }

its not hard to fix with the replace feature in wordpad, but im wondering if ive missed a step that is preventing this from coming in with all the other script.
thanks
db

"i know where my problem is...between the chair and the keyboard!!"
Old 2nd November 2003, 10:30 PM   #2
georgeren

Default Re: vrml2 export

db,

I have posted same topic at AC3D Bug and Problem section on 10-29-03.

So far, I have to modify the wrl file myself. I purchased this software because it can export vrml 2.0. Do you know if AC3d can modify object by taper or twist or bend? There is a free 3d software called anim8or can do just that. www.anim8or.com :roll:
georgeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2003, 07:12 AM   #3
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

Please unzip this plugin and put it into your AC3D plugins folder. This is a windows AC3D patch that allows relative paths to be used in VRML2 export.

www.ac3d.org/temp/vrml2_export.zip

Let me know how you get on.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2003, 11:50 PM   #4
dbyrd01

works great Andy. thanks a ton! what great service. i just couldnt be happier with this product. for those of you who havent registered AC3D, what could you possibly be waiting for! ive tried almost every affordable (and free) application out there, and this one has them beat hands down for ease of use, functionality and great customer service like this. pay the man!
Old 6th November 2003, 01:33 AM   #5
Cowboybebop
Professional user

I did and I haven't looked back :lol:

Seriously you bring a good point about the free ones I have tried a lot of them even the one the guy above linked to. With that program I have created 0 models, I tried the tutorials then and now and could not get thru them. I came to AC3D frustrated bruised and battered from other programs., so with the demo I didn't try very hard before I dismissed it, then I had a epiphany. I made a Firm decision to expose all the talent and creativity I have, so I am not as easily deterred as before. I then went back to all those programs determined to learn 3d modeling and animation. And I tried and tried never giving up. I began reading researching looking for the program that was a perfect fit, I tried many programs. Then I somehow stumbled on to some old AC3d site, it was not this site but a different black one. And I recalled how the tutoriial movies were building something very quickly and seemingly effortless and thought "well they know that program well." So I contacted andy we talked and I tried the tutorial again, and it seemed easy, really easy. So I began to try other different things in AC3d and Purchased it as soon as I could. This was one of the few purchases that I can't keep my hands off of, and no it was not the new toy syndrome. I started neglecting things in my life just to practice modeling, it sparked a old fire to resume doing my artwork(drawings) that I had stopped. And When I am away from it and can't model even if it's a day or 2 my excitement has not died and will not die! It grows stronger I start craving vertic..... ops: Didn't mean to say all that
Cowboybebop is offline   Reply With Quote