Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th February 2008, 03:29 AM   #1
JumpDog

Default Custom handgun

Ok so this is my first little project that will take more than 20 min haha. One of my favorite pistols has always been the Walther P99, so I decided to try and make a model of a gun similar to it, or at least start out that way.

This is actually a P22 I started out with, but I'm going to be adding stuff to it and changing it up into something new, mostly still just to get used to the program and how to do everything. Anyway I started yesterday and these links are what I got done:
Base components
Barrel drilled
Magazine slot made

This here is all I managed to get done today, had a real rough time figuring out the boolean stuff like Subtract, Intersect, etc... still having trouble actually but got through enough to make these 3 small mini-barrels that can fire whatever you imagination wants them to lol.

Still not very far into this at all, the barrels are basically all I've managed to do so far. I'll put stuff up as I reach checkpoints haha.
JumpDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2008, 02:15 PM   #2
tbd
Professional user

Default Re: Custom handgun

Looking good so far
tbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2008, 02:04 AM   #3
JumpDog

Ok have gotten a little done since last post so time for a record-keeping update:

Mostly have done fine-tuning of the shapes, aligning vertices and everything to make sure it's flat where it's supposed to be, extending the magazine, cutting into the slide for the chamber, barrel, and magazine entry, and few other things.

Whole pistol as of now
Magazine, chamber, barrel, & attachment

And doing all this cutting into surfaces made me want to do a cut-away image, so here it is. The "modular attachment" shown in this pic, the only one I've done so far, can shoot tranquilizers I suppose. I got an idea for a cooler attachment but I haven't created it yet

1) The inside of the barrel will come farther back into the chamber when I'm done, bout between where it is now and the magazine.
2) Frame I still havent touched, needs to be rounded and all that.
3) Need to implement trigger, fire selector/safety, trigger guard, and framework on the slide for rail-based attachments on the sides, as well as on bottom to mount the modular attachment.
4) Inside of chamber will be decked out, gotta put the striker in, the bowl that leads into the barrel, and a few other things of my own design.
5) Inside of this attachment will also be worked, gotta put in a mini-engine sort of thing that aligns/feed the darts into the barrels, as well as work the reload system for it.

Comments/flaws/suggestions appreciated
Old 19th February 2008, 04:00 AM   #4
JumpDog

Added compatibility for rail-based attachments on the slide, and a bolt cover w/ manual pull handle. Also worked the lower attachment and created the darts and ammo catridge that slides up into it but I'll have to take a pic of that later.

Spent some time trying to make a grip around the part of the frame where you hold it, but getting it to be rounded in only certain spots is damn hard, suppose I'll teach myself how to make/use normal maps for that part, probably be easier.