Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 25th September 2004, 05:01 PM   #1
dancho

Default Need Product Information (Tact Filter On, Please)

Keeping in mind that I am fully aware that I may be dealing with a cultural issue (see this article to see what I mean) I've posted a message at the "General Discussion" forum here and also sent an e-mail to AC3D asking for more information regarding this product and how it compares to the competition -- 3D Canvas, etc. I received a response by email that was very fast (thank you) but that told me to "try both products and choose the one you like."

I'd like someone from AC3D to take a moment and simply reply to this post with a brief explanation as to why I should get AC3D for creating models for flight sims and not 3D Canvas, when 3D Canvas directly supports MS Flight Simulator.

I'm asking for somebody to SELL the product to me (and all of the other lurkers out there). How about a little marketing effort? I'm not asking for much, I'd just like to know if there is some really important thing that I need to know in making my purchasing decision.

This is a very normal, everyday question. I don't want to be told to make up my own mind. I want you to show some enthusiasm for a product that you obviously care about, promote and sell.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm coming from a different world where people do this kind of thing all day every day-- but maybe I am. Try to see this from my point of view and reply in kind. Thank you.
Old 26th September 2004, 03:40 AM   #2
Andy
Administrator
Professional user

AC3D is used for flightsims, such as Openplane and Targetware.

You will find that it's very easy to create and texture 3D models in AC3D. The texture coordinate editor is as good as other standalone tools costing the same or more than AC3D itself - especially as it is integrated within AC3D.

The trial is designed so that you can evaluate the product. We recommend to look at the manual and try the software to see if it suits your needs. There are also tutorials and a personal learning guide to get you started.

AC3D's simple and powerful interactive interface is what sells AC3D. The ability to finely position single vertices and perform individual operations on a single surface is what attracts many people. for a comprehensive feature list see www.ac3d.org/pages/features

If you have any specifc questions, post them here and we'll do our best to help.

Andy
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2004, 04:16 AM   #3
StuC
Advanced member

AC3D is soooooo easy to use. As a programmer I have little talent for 3D objects - but even I have found that I can get by very easily with AC3D.

I would say its personal preference - but I think that AC3Ds' interface will win you over............

Couple that with the excellent plugins that are currently available (and new ones to come ) and you cant got wrong.
Old 26th September 2004, 03:30 PM   #4
dancho

Thank you for your replies. I am finding out that AC3D has excellent support. As a beginner, the amount of information available (on 3D Modeling Software) to me is staggering. It's difficult to find out what I really need to know-- but the number of folks who have already chosen AC3D for flight sim development is quite high, and that's a good sign.