Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th June 2005, 11:19 PM   #1
Temple

Default drag and drop

I would like to be able to take 3d images and put them in a envir. where I can drag and drop images from the left and right to the image in the center of the screen, making the center image morph the 2 images together? I have created good images with AC3d and now want to highlight them in a game like envir... Any suggestions?
Temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 03:15 PM   #2
garylynch

Default a little clearer

Just to clarify...

Are you wanting to morph images or models? Morphing two images (like jpegs) is a lot different than morphing two 3d models together.
garylynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2005, 05:02 PM   #3
Temple

I guess the best example would be certain race games allow you to modify the car before the race, and as you modify the options on the screen the picture of the car changes. To answer the original question yes I would morph the 3d rendered image. I don't even need to morph the image just make it look like it changed even if I need to use several models. I hope I am being clear. I am looking at a game enviroment called DarkBasic, however I am not sure this is what I need.
Old 7th June 2005, 07:13 PM   #4
garylynch

Ok, I was on a different track entirely (sound of train whistle). I was going to send you towards SmartMorph or something like that. The problem I see with what you're doing is the logistics nightmare you get into if you change the entire picture.

Say you...

add a rocket launcher to your car - picture changes
add mag wheels - picture changes again

the problem is you have to have a pic of each car with every combination of modifications to it and store them all

if you could just have the basic pic of the car - with outlines of various components that filled in if that option was chosen - it seems it would save you a lot of space and confusion on the front end. The final model used in the game would still have to have all of the changes in it; but you wouldn't have to worry about showing it on the screen before hand.

I've never built with a game engine before, (I work in a ship simulator - the engine is already in place - I just build the worlds) but I have done something similiar to the outline thing with web page stuff and active images.

Sorry if this isn't much help. Good Luck.
Old 7th June 2005, 08:46 PM   #5
Temple

This would not be a game. The whole project would be to show diffrent options and how they would effect the piece of equipment. There would be no world or "game" to run so if I need to build many models thats not a problem. Can a game engine do this? and if not what stand alone software that can be bundled could?

Or if you could point me to some forums I am not opposed to reading!
Old 9th June 2005, 10:35 PM   #6
garylynch

I don't know of any other posts to be reading. If you are html fluent (which I am not) It should be fairly easy to do where it could be used with the users web browser. That might be crude and long winded; but I would think that flash or something could also show a pop up window of the model for each component that is added.

Again, I'm not into what your trying to do really, I make worlds and do a little bit of web work. I had come upon Smart Morph a few weeks back and enjoyed messing around with it, so I had thought if that was what you were going for I would mention it.

Sorry I'm not more help. And sorry it took me awhile to get back with you, we had a family emergency that is still not over. I may not get to check in again for a few days.

Good luck.