Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D Work In Progress / Showcase
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th October 2006, 11:49 PM   #1
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

Default New project coming out. W.A.S.P Reborn

okay now I have been working on a new project which is going to be my new W.A.S.P. now its going to be like my reaver project, actually I have decided to rename that and call it the W.A.S.P Reborn. as most of you know the WASP was one of my most sucessful project, but I am not to thrilled with its designed. thus my new reaver project will be The Wasp reborn. this is going to be my biggest project yet. I have already been spending about a couple of hours on certian details.

the reason why I am not going to post the reaver or new name Wasp Reborn here is that the reaver is already posted on another topic. http://www.ac3d.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

here is where you will find the reaver. right now my project stands at 1,5k polys and 1.6k vertices.

The ideas that I am coming up with for this project should be some where around 20k to 30k for poly count. this will be my first attempt at making a real detailed model.

current project status for completion is about 20% engine status is at 10% and rising fast. I wont post any images here yet till I have the engines installed to the new W.A.S.P Reborn project.

I think you all will be impressed.

add this to your signature if you are a thinker.

Quote from me Daniel Reed a.k.a "nightoftheroundtable"
nightoftheroundtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 11:06 PM   #2
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

Default Re: New project coming out. W.A.S.P Reborn

okay I have some minor changes to the Wasp Reborn. now to be a battle crusier.

Tell me what you think of it.

http://users.techline.com/drreed/Was...tleCruiser.png

some changes to this project is I have now made the model more appealing and less bulky then orginally posted. I have elongated the project into three sections.

1. notice the front the cockpit is still the same. more details will come to the cockpit later on.
2. notice the bulky part in the middle. that is going to be the storage area.
3. the third area is still being worked on it will be were the thrusters are located.

just minor updates. this project has been my longest one yet 20+ hrs spent on it so far. there is much more to come from this project. hope you guys like the details.

Old 12th October 2006, 12:30 AM   #3
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

Default Wasp Mega carrier.

okay I have made some adjustments to the storage area. I have made it much bigger and more elaborite. excuse the misspelling if there is any.

I will be now focusing on the middle storage area. well the storage area will be the lower section.

The middle of the ship will be like a little city. I am hoping to make a uniqe design from it. I am not to worried about areo dynamics. lol

I hope you guys enjoy the updates. I have enjoyed working on this ship from the cockpit design all the way down to the thrusters.

Old 20th October 2006, 12:48 AM   #4
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

okay I know most of you have been looking forward to this project. I will now show you what I have so far design its still in basic design right now low detail but the poly count is growing with each new update.

the poly count stands at 20k right now. hope you guys like the new mega carrier.
Attached Images

Old 8th November 2006, 07:35 PM   #5
DRAKELOT
Professional user

Your models are always so cool Daniel ... fantastic looking space base and craft
DRAKELOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2006, 11:57 AM   #6
g7sta
Advanced member

Hi Daniel

good to see (for me, since joining the forum) your first design, very impressed - love the cockpit detail, really unusual (and I mean that in a positive sense!) shape - can't wait to see some more progress updates!

Keep up the good work,
g7sta