Go Back   AC3D Forums > General > AC3D General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 25th October 2006, 03:32 PM   #1
CGMike

Default Re: Truespace

I've tried Truespace/Gamespace several times. Every time it's the same.. I just cannot get my head around the interface, which is supposed to be easier to use than the more traditional 3/1 view layout (3 orthographic/1 3D). I also hear the support is terrible and if you post in their forums about bugs with the software, they'll delete the topic. I've heard a couple times of people being banned because they "persisted" in discussing issues with the software in their forums. Very difficult to trust a company that goes to such lengths to silence any kind of negative info about its product.

As for Blender... it is a very odd piece of software.. but very, very powerful. It's a modeler, texturer, animator, non-linear video editing suite and even game-engine in one. And while the interface is confusing, it does make sense once you start working with it. Each new version is becoming easier and easier to use I find.

Still.. I like the straight forward, "obvious" setup of AC3D, which is why I continue to use it. Things just work the way I would expect them to.
CGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2006, 03:58 PM   #2
nightoftheroundtable
Professional user

thats sad that truespace has bad customer service. I have used truespace3.2 once the surface interface is a little complex. but you really can't do much with it.

add this to your signature if you are a thinker.

Quote from me Daniel Reed a.k.a "nightoftheroundtable"
nightoftheroundtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2006, 03:24 AM   #3
Gernot
Expert member

That's terrible. I've seen the AC3D tutorials for 4.x where they do texturing and I know I found _my_ program. I'm not a good artist, but with AC3D I can create low poly models very fast. That's all I need.
Animations would be great, but I guess they never come.
Old 28th October 2006, 03:24 AM   #4
Dann-O

Well I am new to AC3D. I liek it and find I can figure it out. I also use Wings3D a lot and find that some things are still easier to do in Wings. Particularly organic models. Wings lacks a lot of th espline tools but it makes up fo rit in the edge handling. Cool piece of freeware. Cybermotion sounds likt an interestign piece of software for the price. I want soemthgn that can do bones for my character stuff. Has a nice renderer and a crap modeler well I have AC3D and Wings to make up for that.
Dann-O is offline   Reply With Quote